Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Personal Slaves

I have slaves working for me. They do exactly what I tell them to do, they never complain, never tire of work, never try to escape, their only goal is to make my life easier, their productivity increases every year exponentially, they make me money everyday, and they don't cost anything to maintain. I only started out with a few of them but their numbers have multiplied over time. And now I have a pretty decent sized army of devoted slaves making me more and more prosperous everyday.


Of course I'm talking about money. Every slave that I save and invest today will work hard to produce offspring, and those offspring will produce their own offspring, and so on. And since all my slaves are immortal, their collective growth will only accelerate over time, until one day I will have a vast army of slaves so powerful that they alone will be able to support my everyday financial needs. On the other hand, every slave that I spend today will be lost forever and will work hard to make someone else's life easier.

Choosing how many slaves to keep for ourselves and how many to trade away will be a difference decision for each person. But these slaves are highly coveted everywhere. And in this competitive and uncertain world where it's getting harder and harder just to make a normal living, I for one, welcome any additional support my slaves can give me and the more the merrier.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that's a great way to put it.

    Money is your slave and you're not a slave to money!

    I guess that's passive income in layman's terms. =)

    ReplyDelete